8.08.2009

The Quotable Natalie

"Mommy, there are bugs in the salad dressing."

Natalie is forever telling us about bugs and spiders she's found, and it never fails to freak us out for a second or two before we realize that the spiders are empty grape stems from lunch or the bugs are actually bits of fuzz on the carpet. Or, in this case, poppyseeds. I ate some of the alleged bugs to show Natalie they were OK. When I see her popping a june bug in her mouth someday, I'll probably realize I didn't make the best choice.

4 comments:

A.Pandina said...

too funny. I've never thought about grape stems like spiders, she's so inventive. :)

Carol said...

HAHAAH, that is funny! She is cute!

Jessie Oliveros said...

Thanks a lot Natalie, and poppyseed dressing USED to be my favorite dressing.

Jessie Oliveros said...

Sometimes, lots of weeks later, I visit my friends' blogs in hopes that they have posted something new about their ever-exciting life (especially friends that are married to my long lost cousin) and then...nothing.