12.14.2010

Duncan Leaks!

You saw it here first! Today only! Exclusive Duncan family leaks that are downright mortifying. See us like you've never (wanted to) see us before. It's embarrassing! It's scandalous! It's ... delicious! I made Potato Leek Soup for the first time tonight and it was pretty tasty. I've never cooked with leeks before, hence the unnatural excitement and inability to overcome the urge to pun. Please forgive me.

Many thanks to Elise at Simply Recipes for the yummy recipe. My substitutions: I didn't have marjoram, so I used oregano & basil. I pureed the whole soup b/c I didn't like the look of the leek floaties. It made a very thick, satisfying soup with very little fat.

What else do you all make with leeks? Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Amy said...

This made me smile this morning. Thank you.