10.19.2009

Grace and toys go!


Natalie's new obsession is Cinderella 3. I'm normally pretty opposed to movie sequels, especially straight-to-video-Disney movie sequels. But when that sequel keeps my daughter entertained for a good 45 minutes or so and allows me to maintain my sanity, I can make an exception.


Natalie's got a terrific arsenal of quotes from the movie. One of her "quotes" is, "Grace and toys go!" Translation: "Grace and poise, girls." (Spoken by the Stepmother as she's trying to keep Anastasia and Drizella in line. If you knew that without having to read this explanation, call me. I'm sure there's a lot we can sympathize about.) Anyway, when she says this, it cracks Dave and me up, so she says it more. And more. There are also some great quotes like, "I DO! I dooooo. I do..." and "Whatever you do, stay away from the palace. Stay away from the prince!" It's a little disturbing when your toddler has a terrific menacing voice.


In keeping with the Cinderella theme at our house, Natalie decided she wants to be Cinderella for Halloween. My sister lent us a Cinderella outfit and it arrived in the mail on Saturday along with some new (sparkly!) shoes from Grandma. Putting on the dress elicited more quotes from Natalie: "Mommy, Daddy, all my dreams have come true!" and "They're the perfect shoes!" Needless to say, we're pretty excited for Halloween. Here's a sneak peek:

7 comments:

Veronica said...

she is so adorable! Your little boy is very cute too! Glad to see you back in the blogging world!

Amy said...

We have not discovered Cinderella at our house yet. Love Natalie's quotes.

Laura said...

After Emma was born Hannah's favorite movie was "The Sound of Music." I did feel a little guilty as she watched all three hours (or however long it is), but not too guilty....

Happy to have made all of Natalie's dreams come true.

Brooke said...

We like that movie as well. And I love that Natalie can quote it. :)

Heather said...

I love it! What more can a girl want, sparkly shoes and all her dreams come true! Here's hoping that lasts a long, long, time. Wish we could be there to hold baby Davy! We miss you!

Jessie Oliveros said...

All her dreams have come true? I love it. That's what she meant to say the first time she saw her new baby brother I'm sure.

Sam and/or Monika said...

super cute cinderella! :)