4.10.2008

Jog, Interrupted

Last night was a beautiful evening for a jog. A little windy, but otherwise perfect. So I got dressed, transformed Natalie into a blueberry (see photo from another day), loaded her into the jogging stroller, and we were off! Unfortunately, once I got a mile or so away from the house, and I was starting to feel proud of myself for pushing through the wind, Natalie just couldn't take anymore. Crying, runny nose, the works. Even my keys and my water bottle wouldn't make her happy.


Normally I might just turn the stroller around and head home, but she is sick, and I felt guilty for making her sad. And then I started wondering, what was I thinking taking a child with an ear infection out for a jog? Does that jogging stroller even work right? Is it supporting her back at all? So I picked her up and walked. All the way back. While pushing the stroller with my free hand. Argh! As one friendly walker we passed pointed out to me, "This makes it a total body workout!"


Let's hear it for searing pain in my upper arms! But on the plus side, Natalie stopped crying and snuggled into my neck on the way back, which makes it all worthwhile.

1 comment:

A.Pandina said...

She did great on our walk, though. I'm just impressed that you ventured out in the windy weather on your own.

Glad to see you in the blogging world, can't wait for more...moooorrrrre.