9.08.2010

Our baby boy is 1!

David celebrated his birthday in fine form yesterday. Note to self: Don't schedule well-child visits for the morning of a birthday party. Particularly those well-child visits that involve 3 immunizations. Poor guy! And then 3 immunizations became 4 because Natalie ended up getting a flu shot as well. Thankfully they recovered well enough to enjoy the festivities that evening. Many of our family members came, and Dave's parents even celebrated with us via webcam.

Singing to the birthday boy


First taste of his cupcake


Loving it! He devoured the cupcake faster than anything I've seen before. We will post the video soon!


One cupcake is not enough.


Bring on a second cupcake, and all is right with the world.


A close-up for Grandma & Grandpa Duncan.


A happy birthday boy!


It is hard to believe David is a year old! But he sure is growing and learning by the day. He took his first few steps last week, and he's talking more and more each day. To close, here's a comparison from birth to now:

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow, that's crazy! I guess I didn't realize how close in age he and Kylie are. When they're just a few months old, a couple months makes such a huge difference, but once they're over a year it doesn't seem to matter much any more. I hope things are going well for you guys.

LunaMoonbeam said...

Oh, happy birthday little dude!!!!!

SJ probably would have had the same reaction...I always give my kids a 9" (one layer) cake. I like MASS MAYHEM AND DESTRUCTION at birthdays. ;-)

Can we get together next week???

A.Pandina said...

Oh, Julie...he's so cute! I can't believe a whole year has passed by-look at all that hair Natalie has! We hope you are all doing well and we miss you greatly.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday David! I'm glad your back! I love the pictures!

Jessie Oliveros said...

Okay, I LOVE that crying picture. It's perfect with the icing and THE FACE and his big sister sneaking up behind him and looking at him. If you lose all his baby pictures in a fire, just be sure to save this one. (Oh yeah, digital age...) Anyway, he looks so much like David esp in the one right below the perfect cry picture. And I have a Grandma and Grandpa Duncan, too, but they wouldn't know the first thing about a webcam.

Julie said...

Mindy - So great to hear from you!
Max - Definitely! Meat shopping, anyone?
Alison - Yes, Natalie's hair has kicked in ;) We're loving it. We miss you too!
Jessie - I love the cry face too. I think Natalie was thinking, "What are YOU crying about? You're the only one that's gotten a cupcake!"

THE BAILEYS said...

Wow! Such a big boy and love the green frosting everywhere!